- Codrops – “latest news and resources from the web design & web development community”
- Webdesigner Depot – news, resources and inspiration for web designers
- Smashing Magazine – “useful tips, tricks, and resources for designers and developers”
- Web Development Reading List – “A handcrafted, carefully created weekly update resource for web developers”
- Hacker Newsletter – “A weekly newsletter of the best articles on startups, technology, programming…”
- TED – “Ideas worth spreading”
- Discover.typography – “font news from H&Co.”
- Unmatched Style – “a dose of inspiration, delivered fresh to your inbox”
- InVision – a great UX/design-focused blog newsletter
I created a new Twitter account @plotting_shed and tweeted about it.
— Ashley Nye (@ashjnye) November 1, 2015
It’s a good way to get involved in the online community of allotment holders. I can also use it to gather user testers for evaluation.
Another way I did this was to join my local allotment Facebook page, and post about what I was up to on there:
I was also invited to write an article for the Eastbourne Allotments and Gardens Society blog, which went online today. It’s a fantastic way to generate publicity for my project and make people aware of what I’m doing.