Now I’ve identified the requirements of the client, and completed a substantial amount of user research, I need to scope functional and content requirements.
- “HOW should the website meet client’s objectives and user’s needs?”
- “WHAT do users need to DO on the site?”
I’m going to be using the MoSCoW method, which stands for Must, Should, Could and Won’t.
- Have an in-site search engine
- Allow members to register/login
- Allow members to contribute to a forum
- Allow specified “expert” members to contribute to the blog
- Link to existing social networking sites
- Have a suitable payment process (PayPal)
- Error checking on the register/login form
- Allow members to get an email notification when their comment/post receives a reply
- Integrate Facebook comments
- Have a function where members can enter their details into a league table
- Integrate with tracking software such as Garmin, but this is a possibility for the future.
Fortunately with this project, the majority of content needed is already available (see Content Inventory). There is a vast amount of imagery and text on both the existing BOSH Run website, and on their Facebook page. The logo is already existing, along with a strong brand. There is plenty to chose from, so the biggest task will be selecting those to use.
Therefore, I will only need to create the following; copy (instructions) for the register page, and rules of the forum, along with general text and locating the right imagery needed.